cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Joerg Heinicke <jheini...@virbus.de>
Subject Problems integrating Cocoon build in our build system
Date Tue, 09 Sep 2003 11:29:02 GMT
We have a global repository that now also stores the Cocoon 2.1.1 sources.
If one wants to use Cocoon in his project he has to build it after setting
some properties (the normal local.*.properties). The Cocoon sources in the
repository shall stay untouched of course. Therefore I set the properties
${build.root}, ${tools.tasks.dest}, ${tools.loader.dest} and almost
everything works ...

1. Javadoc: It's not possible to build the Javadocs. I get an error message
that a temporary file could not be created. I guess this is because of the
write protection of the repository, but I don't know how to solve it.

2. validating jars: The current-jars.xml can not be accessed. This is
because of the param in validate-build.xml line 52:

<param name="current-files" expression="../../${build.temp}/current-jars.xml"/>

The ${build.root} is an absolute path pointing to a directory outside the
repository, so the document($current-files) =>
document("../..//absolute/path/current-jars.xml") in the stylesheet fails. A
possible solution is to make ${build.temp} always absolute (is it possible
in any way with Ant?) or to test in the stylesheet if it's absolute.
But this would only solve one half of the problem. The stylesheet is taken
from ${tools}/src/check-jars.xsl. Only for theory, but if this is also aside
the normal processing, the ../.. would be wrong too. We could move the path
resolving completely into the stylesheet, but that's not so nice IMO.

3. compiled tools classes: In general I don't like the idea of mixing source
files and generated (or here compiled) files. Why are the tools classes
output to the tools directory and not also to the build directory??

Joerg

--
System Development
VIRBUS AG