cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Sylvain Wallez <sylvain.wal...@anyware-tech.com>
Subject Re: cvs commit: cocoon-2.1/src/blocks/woody/java/org/apache/cocoon/woody/formmodel Repeater.java
Date Mon, 08 Sep 2003 08:20:13 GMT
Bruno Dumon wrote:

>On Sun, 2003-09-07 at 23:30, sylvain@apache.org wrote:
>

>>sylvain     2003/09/07 14:30:24
>>
>>  Modified:    src/blocks/woody/java/org/apache/cocoon/woody/formmodel
>>                        Repeater.java
>>  Log:
>>  Keep the current size if the size parameter is not present.
>>  This almost avoids the need for <wt:repeater-size> (the only need I see is
when rows are added client-side)

>Another case where it's needed is when you don't store the form instance server side,
but rebuild it on every request.

Yep.

But in all flow-driven forms, the form instance persists across requests
and so it's not needed. That's to simplify this frequent (at least for
me) use case that I changed the behaviour. Note that in that case,
having a <wt:repeater-size> causes no harm, since its value equals the
repeater's size.

Sylvain