cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Sylvain Wallez <sylvain.wal...@anyware-tech.com>
Subject Re: Woody : advanced form layout
Date Sat, 06 Sep 2003 18:59:32 GMT
Robert Koberg wrote:

>Hi,
>
>I may be misunderstanding your need, but you could simply write out all of
>you tab's display elements initially set to 'display:none'. Set a initial
>focus tab (some variable sent from the server written to a JS var to be used
>by the client) and set it's elements set to display:block or display:inline
>where appropriate. On click of another tab set the current tab's elements to
>display:none and the new focus to display:block/inline where appropriate.
>
>This is what we do for our CMS. You can see some layout L&Fs at:
>http://www.livestoryboard.com/Products/Screen_shots.html
>
>Is this the kind of thing you are talking about?

No, no : this is exactly what I did to swith the tabs. What I'm looking
for is a way to avoid the page layout to be recomputed when the user
switches to another tab (they don't fill the whole screen).

Currently, the layout is recomputed to match the size of the selected
tab content. I'd like the tab panel to have the size largest tab content
so that its size doesn't change when we navigate through the tabs.

But as Peter said, there doesn't seem to be a solution for this other
than either dynamically changing the CSS (complicated solution) or
imposing a fixed size.

Sylvain