cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Berin Loritsch <blorit...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Migrate from the aging ECM
Date Wed, 03 Sep 2003 15:03:52 GMT
Geoff Howard wrote:

> Berin Loritsch wrote:
>

>> In Cocoon/ECM we have the following constructs:
>>
>> <regular-component>
>>   <stuff/>
>> </regular-component>
>>
>> <database-selector>
>>   <jdbc name="foo"/>
>>   <j2ee name="bar"/>
>>   <informix name="baz"/>
>> </database-selector>
>

> Without a .roles file would we even have declarations that look like this?

:)  That IS with the ECM roles file.

However, with Fortress, you may be able to use a ROLEs file--but it won't be
necessary.  The meta info is part of the class, so there is only one place you
need to manage it (with the component implementation class).  The meta-info
collection process will allow Fortress to automatically collect info from other
JARs for the available components--which means there won't need to be any cludgy
"user-roles" attributes any more.  Things just work.

> Geoff
>
> (thanks for the patient summary and work by the way)

My pleasure.

  deserve neither liberty nor safety."
                 - Benjamin Franklin