cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Steven Noels <>
Subject Re: [Vote] Releasing 2.1.1
Date Wed, 03 Sep 2003 11:58:58 GMT
Reinhard Poetz wrote:

> I understand your feelings ...
> IMO we should be able to release 2.1.x version in the future. Mabe I'm a
> bit afraid of the changes (blocks, fortress, virtual sitemap components)
> and how long it takes us to release stable versions of Cocoon (not beta,
> not milestone or something else) again if we don't branch or fork our
> repository.

Look at what happened to 2.0.x: quite some stuff has been backported
onto it even after 2.1 started achieving release quality. As long as
anyone goes for it, starting another module or not doesn't mean we
aren't able to bugfix, backport and release older versions.

Of course, having a separate module for major versions (2.x) makes
shifting things around a lot easier.

> I think so many people (of course including me) were waiting for 2.1 and
> I really want to use it for some time in production without doing
> alpha/beta testing of 2.2 and I like to have "support" of bugfix
> releases of 2.1 (see the security holes Sylvain fixed recently, maybe we
> can release a stable Cocoon Forms, ...).
> Am I (and Carsten) alone with this opinions?

Not at all. Don't forget the silent majority.

Steven Noels
Read my weblog at
stevenn at                stevenn at

View raw message