cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Andreas Hochsteger <e9625...@student.tuwien.ac.at>
Subject Re: Cocoon 2.1 Authentication Bug? *Please* Help
Date Wed, 03 Sep 2003 05:12:09 GMT
Hi!

I'm no LDAP expert, but I can tell you how we are going to do
authentication and authorization:

We have 4 groups of users (Simple, Extended, Member, Employee) which are
hierarchically organized this way:

+-Simple
   +-User1
   +-...
   +-Extended
     +-User2
     +-...
     +-Member
       +-User3
       +-...
       +-Employee
         +-User4
         +-...

They are organized this way, because the everyone can be treated as a
simple user (has just username, password and email address), whereas
extended users, members and employees can be treated as extended users
(validated additional data is available) and so on ...
This can be achieved by a subtree search.

We use the InetOrgPerson class and store the role information in the
attribute 'groupOfUniqueNames'.
We store default roles (which are application dependent) for every group
but can attach additional roles to certain users.

I don't know if it will really work this way, but that's how we planned
it to do ;-)

Perhaps it's will be of help for you.

BTW we use LDAP *only* for authorization and authentication. All
additional user data (postal address, profiles, ...) is stored in a
mysql database.

Bye,
	Andreas