cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Berin Loritsch <blorit...@apache.org>
Subject Re: CommandManager issues [was Re: Releasing 2.1.1?]
Date Tue, 02 Sep 2003 17:24:42 GMT
Bruno Dumon wrote:

> Looking at the code again, I still think that all events from one
> CommandManager are handled by one thread.
>
> If you look at the code of the AbstractThreadManager:
>
> In the method "register( EventPipeline pipeline )" one PipelineRunner is
> created to handle events from the given EventPipeline (e.g. the one of
> the CommandManager).
>
> Then in the run() method the PipelineRunners are executed in parallel by
> using the PooledExecutor: m_executor.execute( nextRunner );

The PooledExecutor takes care of initiating and managing the running threads.
It also takes care of running the tasks in those threads.

> But in the PipelineRunner.run() method, and the
> CommandManager.handleEvents() which is called by it, no new threads are
> started.

There is no reason for the CommandManager to create new threads when that
logic is handled by the PooledExecutor.

  deserve neither liberty nor safety."
                 - Benjamin Franklin