cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Berin Loritsch <blorit...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [RT] Implementing Cocoon Blocks
Date Tue, 02 Sep 2003 13:38:19 GMT
Geoff Howard wrote:

> Ryan Hoegg wrote:
>
>> This seems to be blurring the lines between the responsibilities of
>> Cocoon and the container.  We might be able to reuse some ideas or
>> even code that has been done in Merlin, Fortress, Loom, or Plexus for
>> deployment time configuration and dependencies.
>

> Anyone familiar with Fortress (which it seems we're going to as an
> intermediate until Merlin's full release) know if there's something
> which can help?  Berin?

Fortress introduces the concept of Extensions.  These Lifecycle Extensions
can introduce certain types of new features to the Cocoon world.  Between
that and the ComamandManager based stuff, I need some better info to give
you an idea of what can and can't be done in Fortress.

  deserve neither liberty nor safety."
                 - Benjamin Franklin