cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Tony Collen <>
Subject Re: [Ann] New Documentation Structure
Date Tue, 02 Sep 2003 02:52:24 GMT
Carsten Ziegeler wrote:
> Hi Team,
> we have been talking recently about our marketing strategy for Cocoon.
> Now, I think one major advantage other projects have is their good
> documentation. Often people don't choose a project because of the
> technical value but because of a good documentation.
> So, in the last days I refactored our documentation a little bit
> and updated some sections. It now looks a little bit like a real
> manual. We have a lot of documentation but it's spread all over
> the place and is not really good structured.

Thank you for taking the initiative in this -- something like this has
been forever debated on -docs but it sort of fizzled out into
nothingness... perhaps this will stimulate some of us to write a little
more :)

> You can see this documentation in CVS in the xdocs/userguide
> directory. It contains all the docs from xdocs/userdocs,
> xdocs/developing and the performance-tips in a restructured way.
> So I copied all the docs and edited some of them.
> It is only a beginning to show the difference. I will try and update
> the sections one after the other in the next weeks.

I have some InputModule docs incoming, so I think they will probably be
a good addition, if there already isn't something there. I'll check out
the new docs ASAP.

> Carsten

View raw message