cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Gianugo Rabellino <gian...@apache.org>
Subject Re: WebDAV proxy available
Date Mon, 01 Sep 2003 08:57:18 GMT
Bertrand Delacretaz wrote:

>> Anyone willing to tackle DASL searches now? :-)
>

> I will have a look.
>
> IIUC the next step would be to implement a ProxyWithHooks that would
> allow requests to be pre- or post-processed, to be able to manipulate
> requests to the webdav backend and their results, right?

The hooks IMO should be in the pipeline actually. What we actually need
is a ProxyHttpTransformer or even just some actions (waiting for the
upcoming object model dav adapter), so that:

<match pattern="dav/**">
   <match type="request-method" pattern="SEARCH">
      <generate type="request"/>
      <transform src="dasl2sql.xsl"/>
      <transform type="sql"/>
      <transform type="sql2propfind.xsl"/>
      <serialize/>
    </match>
   <match type="request-method" pattern="PUT">
     <act type="syncmetadatadb">
      <generate type="webdavproxy">
         <parameter name="url" value="http://whatever/dav/{../1}"/
      </generate>
      <serialize/>
     </act>
   </match>
   <match type="request-method" pattern="DELETE">
     <act type="syncmetadatadb">
      <generate type="webdavproxy">
         <parameter name="url" value="http://whatever/dav/{../1}"/
      </generate>
      <serialize/>
     </act>
   </match>
   <match type="request-method" pattern="PROPFIND">
      <generate type="webdavproxy">
         <parameter name="url" value="http://whatever/dav/{../1}"/
      </generate>
      <serialize/>
   </match>
   [...repeat...]
</match>

The only implementation issue left is using a transformer, an action or
flow to process data that have to go both to the origin server and to a
custom processing component. Sounds reasonable?

Ciao,

--
Gianugo Rabellino