cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From TREGAN Fabien <Fabien.TRE...@airbus.com>
Subject RE: Woody : advanced form layout
Date Mon, 08 Sep 2003 12:22:40 GMT
The two best solution I know are :

-Use dynamic properties (have a look at msdn, or, IIRC, check the syntax of
the "expression" keyword in Mozilla's CSS (don't know if IE supports it),
it's something like :

tabpane.visible {
  width:expression([some javascript])
}

-Do not use

tabpane.hidden {
  display:none;
}

but :

tabpane {
  width: 100%;
}

tabpane.hidden {
  overflow: hidden;
  height: 0px;
}

and put the tabpane element in a fixed width element.

If you know that you tabpane's height won't exceed N pixels and won't be
scrollable, you can also put the content of each tabpane in the same div,
use an overflow:hidden and scroll the div to switch the content.

HTH,
fabien.