cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From "Antonio Gallardo" <agalla...@agsoftware.dnsalias.com>
Subject OJB block posted to the CVS.
Date Sun, 28 Sep 2003 04:54:35 GMT
Hi cocooners:

First I am sorry for the large commit comment I did. I dont tought it
would look too ugly. I am really sorry of that. :-(

My initial idea was to post a good comment about this new block. I learned
a lesson with this. I will never will post a long comment in the CVS
again. I promise it.

Well, the OJB block is posted. We worked from 07:30 to 22:33 to make the
lastest tunning before posting:

mocks clasess, finding licenses and links of the libraries and technology,
trying to get woody + flow works with this (the most of the time), an at
least when woody binding does not worked at all we did a very dumb XSP
example that works with hsqldb. We does not know HSQLDB, but we did it
worked.

The initial XSP example (in JDO) just insert into the database a new
department (id=5" + a name) of course it would not work two times, because
the primary key cannot be duplicated. But this XSP example is just to show
a proof that the concept can work. We tried to do a example with woody,
but for an unknow reasons, the binding does not work with the integer
datatype defined in the Employee table of the HSQLDB database shipped with
Cocoon. :(

Of course help is needed and I guess here is very talented people that can
help us to make the block much better for the good of Cocoon.

The idea is now shared with all of you.

Best Regards,

Antonio Gallardo