cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From "Antonio Gallardo" <agalla...@agsoftware.dnsalias.com>
Subject Re: [IMP] Showstoppers for 2.1.2
Date Mon, 29 Sep 2003 08:14:19 GMT
Sylvain Wallez dijo:
> Antonio Gallardo wrote:
>
>>Joerg Heinicke dijo:
>>

>>>Mark Butler updated Deli from 0.9.1 to 0.9.8 in the last week. But he
>>> didn't  react on the message of Jeff (?) about this new exception.
>>>
>>>For the OJB block it seems that one needs again a JAR from Sun. Is
>>> this correct?
>>>

>>yep. the jdo.jar and jdori.jar are missing. I am trying to fix it.
>> Sorry, I dont check this situation. I will try to allow start even if
>> the jdo.jar and jdori.jar are not present. I did some mocks classes.
>>
>>In the worst case as you suggested we can turn the off.
>>

> AFAIU, JDO is one of the several aspects of OJB. Could we use another
> aspect to avoid this dependency on jars that we can't redistribute ? It
> would be good to have this block run out of the box without additional
> download.

OJB project is preparing a JDO implementation for release 2.0, this would
avoid the current problem at all (I know maybe it will be long time to
wait). I remember there was a similar issue with the mail block and others
that allow us to use some. If you does not have J2SDK 1.4 there was
problems. Is that correct? The workaround was to build some mocks classes
and let compile the sources and run.

This is why I tought we can do the same the same trick with the JDO
implementation in OJB block: use some mocks classes and let compile. But I
don't probe it without the jars at all :(

I need some help in this area, because I never did the mocks classes hack.
But if this is impossible to solve, we can uncomment the current OJB block
and let 2.1.2 be relased on October 1st.

Best Regards,

Antonio Gallardo.