cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From "Antonio Gallardo" <agalla...@agsoftware.dnsalias.com>
Subject Re: [Vote] Build infrastructure (was: on better release and version management)
Date Sun, 28 Sep 2003 20:45:29 GMT
Giacomo Pati dijo:
> On Sun, 28 Sep 2003, Antonio Gallardo wrote:
>> Then Ant can be present in the 3 options presented. I share with you
>> the need to move to a better project management. In that case I think
>> the question is related to Centiped vs. Maven.
>
> Well, all three infrastructure mentioned above are Ant, Ant based or use
> Ant. I mentiond 1) because Stefano argumented that the build
> infratruction at present is good enough in his eyes.

Hmm. On one side it is true. Since Ant is doing his job right now, we does
not need more probes of the current build system. It is good, because it
is working.

On the other way, I think our job (as Cocoon developers) is to enhance and
mantain the Cocoon project, we dont need to create a build system or a
project management tool. For these taks there are Maven or Centipede
project. I though the guys behind both projects really likes they do and
know what they are doing. We can benefits from this. Note, we are not
building or trying to build an Ant-like tool. The Ant guys do this work.

I think it is better to save our efforts by using any of the projects
related to this tasks. The idea, is to have a better project management
with less effort than we currently have with Ant. Is that right?

Note: I am not a Maven nor Centipede guru. But the promise behind any of
both projects is good.

Best Regards,

Antonio Gallardo.