cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From "Antonio Gallardo" <agalla...@agsoftware.dnsalias.com>
Subject Re: [Vote] Build infrastructure (was: on better release and version management)
Date Sun, 28 Sep 2003 19:16:50 GMT
Giacomo Pati dijo:
> But first we need to come to a consensus about which build
> infrastructure we would support to use:
>
> 1) Ant
>      in this case we can use the current build system and tune it to the
> needs we have for the 2.2 and maybe add some ruper task to get rid
> of jars in our repository (suggested by Nicola Ken IIRC) and some
> more for modularisation ease
>
> 2) Centipede
>      in this case I could not volunteer as I'm out of Centipede since
> their move from Cents to Antlibs (we still have some customer
> project using a Cents based version of it but they will never move
> to Antlibs)
>
> 3) Maven
>      ATM this is my preferred build infrastructure and I could help
> building the 2.2 repo based on it

Hi:

I think this Ant vs. (Centipede or Maven) is a not fair comparation. Check
this: http://www-106.ibm.com/developerworks/java/library/j-maven/

>From the above document:
<snip>
A Maven goal can contain any valid Ant task in its definition, which will
help you quickly learn Maven and protect your Ant investments.
</snip>

Then Ant can be present in the 3 options presented. I share with you the
need to move to a better project management. In that case I think the
question is related to Centiped vs. Maven.

With this options presented, my vote is:

Maven +1

Best Regards,

Antonio Gallardo.