cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Bertrand Delacretaz <bdelacre...@codeconsult.ch>
Subject Re: [RT] Performance Block
Date Mon, 29 Sep 2003 07:33:17 GMT
Le Lundi, 29 sep 2003, à 09:10 Europe/Zurich, Reinhard Poetz a écrit :
> ...The reason why I don't want the applications change is that I want
> make them compareable...

I see you point - reference apps can be very useful in comparing
between versions, platforms, JDK releases, etc.

OTOH, performance testing of existing sample apps can be useful when
people want to know (for example) how many requests per second a given
pipeline or app can sustain in their current environment.

So I agree that both are useful.

>> ...Sounds good but the tester should also be warned that there
>> is more to
>> Cocoon tuning than just setting available memory.
>
> Yes, of course. A warning with a pointer to
> http://cocoon.apache.org/2.1/performancetips.html should do it...

Ok.

-Bertrand