cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Bertrand Delacretaz <bdelacre...@codeconsult.ch>
Subject Re: Blocks URIs
Date Tue, 23 Sep 2003 05:38:27 GMT

Le Lundi, 22 sep 2003, à 15:59 Europe/Zurich, Stefano Mazzocchi a écrit
:
> On Monday, Sep 22, 2003, at 14:05 Europe/Rome, Sylvain Wallez wrote:
>> Taking the above example, does this mean :
>> - http://cocoon.apache.org/blocks/pdf/1.0 for the block ID and
>> - http://apache.org/cocoon/blocks/pdf/foo/.1.0 for the "foo"
>> namespace defined by the pdf block ?
>>
>> Mmmh... it certainly avoids conflicts, but can be confusing and looks
>> somewhat inconsistent : why apache.org/cocoon on one side and
>> cocoon.apache.org on the other side ?
>
> because all namespaces (and only those!) are located on
> apache.org/cocoon. I think this is very consistent.

Sorry to jump in late, but at some point I saw the word "namespaces" in
these URIs, and I think it can help avoid confusion.

Why not

   http://namespaces.apache.org/cocoon...

for namespaces?

But it might be too late to change this one, so maybe use

   http://apache.org/cocoon/block/pdf/namespaces/foo/.1.0

instead of

   http://apache.org/cocoon/blocks/pdf/foo/.1.0

for the "foo" namespace defined by the pdf block ?

The idea is to make these URI's purpose explicit without hidden
conventions.

-Bertrand