cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Jeff Turner <je...@apache.org>
Subject Re: CLI: does confirm-extensions work?
Date Sun, 21 Sep 2003 13:20:16 GMT
On Sun, Sep 21, 2003 at 11:37:20AM +0100, Upayavira wrote:
> Jeff Turner wrote:
>
> >Hi,
> >
> >Over in Forrest, various people want to output files with .shtml or .php
> >extensions instead of .html.
> >

> >I thought this would be a matter of overriding
> >org/apache/cocoon/util/mime.types to redefine the text/html extension, and
> >setting confirm-extensions="true" in cli.xconf.  It works for the first
> >file,
> >but seems to disable link following:
> >

> There's two issues here:
> 1) How to output other extensions.
> 2) Link following with confirm-extensions
>
> So, if you've got confirm-extensions set to false, as far as I can see,
> your extension will be whatever your pattern is in your sitemap
> (<map:match pattern="foo.shtml"> should generate foo.shtml without any
> problem. Are you finding that you can't do this.

No, quite probably that would work, but would require tracking down and
modifying every URL on the site.

> Link following with confirm-extensions="true": I regularly run it on the
> docs (I always generate the docs with confirmation on, then off before
> committing changes). So it works for me. Can you explain what you're doing?

Oh okay, if it works for someone then I'm happy.  In CVS Forrest, if I
edit src/documentation/conf/cli.xconf, set confirm-extensions="true", run
./build.sh and then ./build/dist/shbat/bin/forrest, it renders index.html
and then exits.  I'll have a look tomorrow to see what Forrest is doing
differently.

> Oh, I did add an element to cli.xconf:
> <include-links extension=".html"/>
> With this not present, all pages are scanned for links. Without it, only
> those mentioned with a node like this are scanned. I assume you haven't
> got one of them in your cli.xconf.

Nope.

Cheers,

--Jeff