cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Timothy Larson <timlarsonw...@yahoo.com>
Subject RE: [Woody multi page forms]
Date Fri, 12 Sep 2003 13:13:05 GMT
Glad to see support for multi-page forms is getting attention.

The separation of concerns between the form model and the form view
leads me to think the model should not need to know how the view is
split across multiple pages.  For example, helpdesk-assisted forms
may present a view to the user broken into different page divisions
than than the view presented to the helpdesk staff.

If a form is split across several pages for security reasons (think
progressive release of information), then we need to protect against
injected request values.  This means the form view needs to know which
widgets should be present on a page and only trigger request processing
on those widgets.

The problem is that multi-widget validation requires that every widget
get the chance to perform validation every time there is a request.
We just need to split widget request processing from widget validation
processing and the problem will be solved.

What do you think?  Does this address your concerns, Reinhard?
--Tim Larson