cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From "Hunsberger, Peter" <Peter.Hunsber...@stjude.org>
Subject RE: Future build (was RE: [Vote] Releasing 2.1.1)
Date Fri, 05 Sep 2003 14:05:40 GMT
Jeff Ramsdale <jefe182@earthlink.net> asks:

> Asking a user to download and install another software
> package is out of the question. They have perfectly capable
> .zip functionality already on their system. We provide a .zip
> file for the latest distribution, why night the nightly snapshot?

It seems to me that if a user is sophisticated enough to realize that
they really need the nightly snapshot for some obscure reason they are
sophisticated enough to download the appropriate unzip utility.  After
all they figured out how to download Cocoon, install it and determine
they need something more.

If you really think it's necessary we could place links to the necessary
unzip tools on the download pages...