cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From "Hunsberger, Peter" <Peter.Hunsber...@stjude.org>
Subject RE: Woody : advanced form layout
Date Fri, 05 Sep 2003 19:09:07 GMT
Sylvain Wallez <sylvain.wallez@anyware-tech.com> asks:

> Something I can't find (and need help for) is how to write a CSS that
> would avoid the layout to be recomputed when a tab is
> selected. I would
> like the size of the <div> containing the tab contents to the be the
> maximum of the sizes of the various tab contents.
>
> Any hint on how to achieve this, someone ?

I don't think you can do this in general unless you're willing to
dynamically create the CSS.  Otherwise, you've got to set all the widths
to some max _fixed_ size. IE; all width: 12em or whatever and sometimes
cope with extra white space and maybe cope with overflow: hidden.  (I'd
recommend using "em"s but I haven't had to deal with conversion issues
between Mac's and PC's and I'm not sure if that's completely portable.)