cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From "Hunsberger, Peter" <Peter.Hunsber...@stjude.org>
Subject RE: CommandManager issues [was Re: Releasing 2.1.1?]
Date Mon, 01 Sep 2003 16:24:53 GMT
Giacomo Pati <giacomo@apache.org> asks:

> > I did this once upon a time, I think in C code.  As I recall it's
> > basically the equivalent of building a Map of tasks and the
> calculated
> > delta time until they need to be executed next and then using the
> > minimum of these deltas. I don't think it's all that complex?  This
> > could be a little problematic if the delta's are in the
> same order of
> > magnitude as the time to calculate them :-), but that certainly
> > doesn't seem to be the case here....
>
> Where is that code, dude :-)

Well, after looking around on my hard drive; I still have it! It is 10
year old OS/2 text mode code for pop-up alarms...  Looking at it, it has
a linked list of data structures that it scans after each alarm
occurrence looking for the min next delta time.  That simple description
is probably more useful than the code, but I can send a Zip to you
privately if you really want it (careful what you ask for)...