cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Bruno Dumon <br...@outerthought.org>
Subject Re: [Woody multi page forms] was Re: cvs commit:cocoon-2.1/src/blocks/woody/java/org/apache/cocoon/woody/flow/javascriptwoody.js
Date Thu, 11 Sep 2003 17:51:16 GMT
On Thu, 2003-09-11 at 19:38, Christopher Oliver wrote:
> Bruno Dumon wrote:

> >>No, you got it right : Woody always validates the whole form.
> >>

> >Yep, though it is possible to make a container widget that only
> >delegates request processing and validation to a subset of its widgets,
> >ie something like:
> >
> ><wd:multipage id="something">
> >  <wd:page id="1">
> >    <wd:field .... />
> >    <wd:field .... />
> >  </wd:page>
> >  <wd:page id="2">
> >    <wd:field .... />
> >    <wd:field .... />
> >  </wd:page>
> ></wd:multipage>
> >
> >depending on the value of some request parameter, the wd:multipage
> >widget would only let a certain group of widgets process the request.
> >
> >Another approach to collecting data over multiple pages would simply be
> >to create multiple (different) forms, which is of course already
> >possible today.
> >
> >What's the best solution probably depends on the use case, I didn't felt
> >the need yet for the first one.
> >

> Unfortunately that makes the current integration of Woody with
> Flowscript close to useless.

if you use the woody() function as entrance point, yes.

>  How would you propose to handle multi-page
> forms?

Something like this:

function myfunc()
{
  var form1 = new Form(formDefinition1);
  var form2 = new Form(formDefinition2);
  var form3 = new Form(formDefinition3);

  form1.show(...);
  form2.show(...);
  form3.show(...);
}

and call the myfunc function from the sitemap.

Haven't tried this though (I'm using apples), but I think it should
work.