cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Bruno Dumon <br...@outerthought.org>
Subject Re: Woody : advanced form layout
Date Thu, 04 Sep 2003 19:48:16 GMT
On Thu, 2003-09-04 at 18:56, Sylvain Wallez wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I added some new fancy features to the Woody layout : you can now define
> widget groups which provide automatic layout of their content. Various
> layouts have been defined, including two-column layout, fieldset frames
> and even tab groups ! I also added a calendar popup.
>
> All this allows to quickly set up sophisticated form layouts by just
> structuring fields in groups and driving the rendering through a few
> attributes. Final aspect is driven by a CSS (this point still needs more
> work though).
>
> Check out the Woody "form1" sample and tell me what you think ;-)

First impression: I think it's cool and useful stuff ;-)

I only had a quick look, but it seems all very nicely done. So now we
got some instance-only widgets (wi:group). Nice idea that I've never
thought of before.

BTW, I think you missed my rename of the "button" widget to "action". Or
maybe you didn't update your sourcetree because you're preparing lots of
other things :-)