cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Bruno Dumon <br...@outerthought.org>
Subject JXTemplate: execution of Nodes resulting from JXPath expressions
Date Wed, 03 Sep 2003 13:31:39 GMT
I'm using JXTemplateGenerator (very nice stuff BTW), and remarked that
if the result of an expression is a org.w3c.dom.Node, it will again be
"executed", i.e. parsed as a JXTemplate and interpreted.

I'd like to be able to disable this behaviour, on the one hand because
the data might contain sequences like #{...} that should not be
interpreted as expressions, and on the other hand because of performance
considerations.

I first thought of adding an attribute to the jx:out element (where I
need it) to disable this, but it could as well be global parameter
supplied to the generator (a map:parameter in the sitemap).

But I'm also wondering if this recursive execution of retrieved DOM-data
has any use-case at all, and could maybe be disabled completely?