cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Bruno Dumon <br...@outerthought.org>
Subject CommandManager again (was RE: [VOTE] Migrate from the aging ECM)
Date Wed, 03 Sep 2003 08:29:56 GMT
On Wed, 2003-09-03 at 10:23, Carsten Ziegeler wrote:
<snip/>
> I think we should do this switch asap. *If* we can solve the commandmanager
> issue discussed in the other thread, I will make a 2.1.1 release this week.

The issue can in fact be fixed immediately by changing the way we use
the PooledExecutor class. In the TPCThreadManager class (in
excalibur-event), change the line:

m_threadPool.waitWhenBlocked();

m_threadPool.discardWhenBlocked();

functionally, this shouldn't change anything (I think), and it will
avoid the problem in PooledExecutor completely. If you have some time
available to try this out, that would be great.

Of course, this doesn't fix the original problem we had in
PooledExecutor, but I'm starting to doubt if this can be fixed at all.
Anyhow, I'm communicating with Doug Lea about that.