cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Bruno Dumon <br...@outerthought.org>
Subject RE: CommandManager issues [was Re: Releasing 2.1.1?]
Date Tue, 02 Sep 2003 19:40:15 GMT
On Tue, 2003-09-02 at 21:09, Giacomo Pati wrote:
> On Tue, 2 Sep 2003, Bruno Dumon wrote:

> > > Great, so I'm not insane! (I tried your version anyway, but without success)
> >
> > Nope, in fact I'm very glad you tried it out because indeed there's
> > another problem in there. I don't have a quick solution for it though.
> > I've created (well, most of the credit goes to Marc) a testcase to
> > reproduce the problem and mailed it to Doug Lea.
>
> Hmm.. my Scheduler that uses Doug Leas kit dosn't have any problems at
> all.

Nope, you won't notice it easily, the only reason that it's so easily
reproducable in our current cocoon use is because on the one hand the
thread expires after 100ms, and on the other hand it is reused every 100
ms, so we very easily get in the situation where a thread is just being
freed when another one is being requested, and it's there where it goes
wrong. Changing parameters a very little bit will make this situation
much less likely to occur, but still this needs to be fixed.