cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Bruno Dumon <br...@outerthought.org>
Subject StackOverflowError with error2html.xslt stylesheet
Date Tue, 02 Sep 2003 16:35:30 GMT
Does anyone know what the "returns2br" template in the error2html.xslt
is good for?

What it does is changing newlines in the error messages (such as the
stacktraces) to <br/>'s. This is done by using a recursive call on that
template, and on long stacktraces this can give a stackoverflowerror
(each recursive template call probably corresponds to multiple nested
calls inside xalan). I don't know from how many lines exactly it starts
giving this error, probably around 600-700 or so. The stylesheet also
becomes quite slow then.

I tried dropping the template and simply putting it inside a <pre> and
that works justs as fine (both on Windows and Linux).

If nobody comes up with a good reason for the returns2br template, I'd
like to remove it.