cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Bertrand Delacretaz <bdelacre...@codeconsult.ch>
Subject Re: [RT] Implementing Cocoon Blocks
Date Sat, 20 Sep 2003 12:29:12 GMT

Le Samedi, 20 sep 2003, à 14:15 Europe/Zurich, Stefano Mazzocchi a
écrit :

> On Saturday, Sep 20, 2003, at 10:03 Europe/Rome, Bertrand Delacretaz
> wrote:
>>
>> ...Obviously - but still, do you want to let blocks access all public
>> core classes openly?
>
> Why not?

Making as little core classes available as possible will help in
decoupling blocks from the core.

Java often forces you to make a class public so that it can be accessed
from other packages, but in many cases this does not mean that the
class should be used everywhere.

>> Event if it's no needed right away, I think being able to filter this
>> classloading from blocks to core should be planned for in the design
>> (but maybe it is already?).
>
> The design doesn't need to specify this since it's a classloading
> implementation issue.

you're right, this does not need to be decided at this point.

-Bertrand