cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From "Guido Casper" <gcas...@s-und-n.de>
Subject Anteater tests (was Re: on better release and version management)
Date Thu, 11 Sep 2003 06:41:13 GMT
Bertrand Delacretaz <bdelacretaz@codeconsult.ch> wrote:
> Le Mercredi, 10 sep 2003, à 11:26 Europe/Zurich, Reinhard Poetz a
> écrit
>>
>> ...Would it be enough to extend our Anteater scripts (see Guido's
>> mail) and
>> add Anteater to our codebase and include it automatically to our
>> build system? ...
>
> certainly a Good Thing it tests are not too hard to write - anteater
> tests things from the user's point of view which would make us very
> confident that things actually work.
>
>> ...BTW, unfortunatly the latest Anteater release needs Java 1.4.x ...
>
> Not too big a problem IMHO, as tests will probably not be required to
> do a normal build.

How about the following change to the build?
Uncomment the anteater-tests and remove the dependency of the test
target on the anteater-tests target, so that if you run 'build test'
only the unit tests are run. To run the Anteater tests you have to run
'build anteater-tests'. This in turn has a dependency on the
'block-anteater-tests' target that copies all anteater tests (located
in <block>/test/anteater) to 'build/test/anteater' where they are then
executed. The anteater-tests target starts with a big attention message
hinting to make sure the anteater.home property is correctly set.

So we can see how Anteater usage develops and decide later whether to
put Anteater into CVS.

Guido