cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From "Reinhard Poetz" <reinh...@apache.org>
Subject RE: Flowscript problem?
Date Fri, 26 Sep 2003 07:48:57 GMT

> From: Christopher Oliver
>
> Reinhard,
>
> Try your calculator example again:
>
> This time enter values for both "a" and "b". Then clone the
> window, hit
> the back button and enter a new value for "b". Return to the first
> window and submit it. You should see the new value of "b" you
> set in the
> second window. This is the expected behavior.
>
> I believe the reason your example did not work is that the page where
> you submit "a" does not involve an existing continuation (it
> calls the
> top-level "calculator" function).

Thanks Chris, now I understand: as long as I'm in the same function all
variables are shared. If I call the function again (this happens if you
are only valid for this track.

Sylvain described this behaviour very well
(http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=xml-cocoon-dev&m=105593054122167&w=2):

<snip>
"Forking can mention both scenarios. In the case of a new
flow-interaction, there's no sharing of local variables. In the middle
of a flow scenario, variables declared before the fork will have their
values shared between continuations, while variables declared after will

have a different value in each branch. So yes, a local variable can be
shared between several continuation branches (fork within a flow
scenario). If this is not liked (because of the application specs), then

new variables should be created between the different creation of
continuations (i.e. between calls to sendPageAndWait).
</snip>

Cheers,
Reinhard