cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From "Reinhard Poetz" <reinh...@apache.org>
Subject RE: Exception during undeploy
Date Wed, 10 Sep 2003 10:16:00 GMT

From: Joerg Heinicke

> And I know why I asked for a better option: I get now
>
> java.lang.LinkageError: duplicate class definition:
> org/apache/xml/dtm/ref/DTMManagerDefault
<snip/>

> as similar described by Sylvain at
> http://wiki.cocoondev.org/Wiki.jsp?page=EndorsedLibsProblem.
> He suggests to
> remove the standard libraries from Cocoon's WEB-INF/lib, but
> then the webapp
> is again dependent on the server.

After reading Sylvains good docs I think that the error you have should
*not* happen if you use the ParanoidCocoonServlet.
The remaining problem with the ParanoidCocoonServlet is its strong
shielding mechanism: "This means that if you get an object from the
servlet engine whose class is defined by the engine's classloader and
try to cast it to a class with the same class name, but loaded by the
ParanoidClassLoader, the cast will fail because the classes are
different." (see
http://wiki.cocoondev.org/Wiki.jsp?page=EndorsedLibsProblem - the
Downside)

HTH
Reinhard

> Joerg
>

> Joerg Heinicke wrote:
> > JBoss has its own concurrent.jar, what's loaded prior to
> Cocoon's jar.
> > tried to "patch" JBoss libs using jboss.patch.url pointing
> to Cocoon's
> > concurrent.jar (it should at least work similar to endorsed
> dirs), but
> > first it does not work and second one webapp should not
> influence the
> > server.
> >
> > At the end I changed the servlet class to
> ParanoidCocoonServlet in the
> > web.xml of this Cocoon instance. Is there a better option?
> >
> > Joerg
> >
> > Bruno Dumon wrote:

> any body has
> 1.4.1_03)?
> Cocoon version.
> >>

> >> Could there be an older version of the PooledExecutor
> class somewhere
> >> in the classpath?

> [org.jboss.web.localhost.Engine] -----
> >>>
> org.apache.excalibur.event.command.TPCThreadManager.doDispose(
TPCThreadManager.java:179)