cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From "Reinhard Poetz" <reinh...@apache.org>
Subject RE: [Woody multi page forms]
Date Fri, 12 Sep 2003 07:01:56 GMT

> From: Christopher Oliver

> In that case, the Woody flowscript api needs to be refactored. I'll
> start doing this. If anyone's using the existing one, plan on seeing
> some changes.

<snip>

> > From: Bruno Dumon
> >

> >> How would you propose to handle multi-page
> >>forms?
> >>

> >Something like this:
> >
> >function myfunc()
> >{
> >  var form1 = new Form(formDefinition1);
> >  var form2 = new Form(formDefinition2);
> >  var form3 = new Form(formDefinition3);
> >
> >  form1.show(...);
> >  form2.show(...);
> >  form3.show(...);
> >}
> >
> >and call the myfunc function from the sitemap.
> >
> >Haven't tried this though (I'm using apples), but I think it should
> >work.

I don't like it that we have to create a new form instance for each new
page. There must be a better solution IMO. For example I'd like to bind
a bean to my form using the binding API and I'd like to collect my data
over more than one page the function would look like this (from memory):

function myFunc() {
   var myBean = getMyBean();
   var form1 = new Form(formDefinition1);
   form.load( myBean );
   form.send( "myPage.html" );
   form.finish();

   var form2 = new Form(formDefinition2);
   form.load( myBean );
   form.send( "myPage.html" );
   form.finish();
}

Maybe you have better ideas how to solve this but I don't like the
function above because I always have to write to my bean. What happens
if the user decides to cancel the operation on the last form? Second,
the whole function is to verbose and third I always have to instantiate
a new form?

Any better solutions? What do you think?

Cheers,
Reinhard