cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From "Reinhard Poetz" <reinh...@apache.org>
Subject RE: Interesting comparison
Date Wed, 17 Sep 2003 07:53:51 GMT

From: Sylvain Wallez

> Ricardo Rocha wrote:
>
> >http://www.orbeon.com/oxf/cocoon
> >

> A bit unfair, but well... that's marketing and also shows
> that our docs
> don't reveal the full range of Cocoon features.

Yep, but as we can see our incomplete docs have also some positive:
After reading the comparison I was sure that they haven't installed
Cocoon or at least haven't had a deeper look into the interna because
some features of Cocoon are misinterpreted (flow, EJB support, XSLT
support, ...)

And I think we have to add a features list and make it easily available
(--> link from the home page) for all the people who assess a project
only because of it's description on its website. For this document the
OXF comparision is IMO a good starting point.

Reinhard