cocoon-dev mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From "Reinhard Poetz" <reinh...@apache.org>
Subject RE: [Vote] Releasing 2.1.1
Date Wed, 03 Sep 2003 11:46:21 GMT

From: Carsten Ziegeler

> Im really tired of discussing this (it's not your fault, Reinhard).
> 
> I suggested again and again to start a new repository for 2.2 
> (which is equivalent to starting a 2.2 branch - or a 2.1.x 
> branch), but I always got the reply "let's see if we really 
> need 2.2, let's stick to 2.1 for now." Now, only 5 days later 
> people ask for it. So, if someone feels that our current 
> approach is wrong, start a new thread; I will not do it. BTW, 
> each release is tagged and we can always create a 
> maintainance branch afterwards - but that wouldn't be the way 
> we decided to use the cvs months ago...

I understand your feelings ...

IMO we should be able to release 2.1.x version in the future. Mabe I'm a
bit afraid of the changes (blocks, fortress, virtual sitemap components)
and how long it takes us to release stable versions of Cocoon (not beta,
not milestone or something else) again if we don't branch or fork our
repository.

I think so many people (of course including me) were waiting for 2.1 and
I really want to use it for some time in production without doing
alpha/beta testing of 2.2 and I like to have "support" of bugfix
releases of 2.1 (see the security holes Sylvain fixed recently, maybe we
can release a stable Cocoon Forms, ...).

Am I (and Carsten) alone with this opinions?

Reinhard


Mime
View raw message