cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From "Andreas Hochsteger" <>
Subject Re: [RT] Views for readers
Date Thu, 14 Aug 2003 19:44:24 GMT

Sorry, but this discussion seems to tell us one thing:
The current sitemap syntax and cocoon processing model is not really
suitable for such kind of processing.

All this reminds me of a proposal (which was actually a RT) I've sent
back in January this year, where I proposed a more intuitive and
flexible pipeline concept.
I don't want to say, that this would be the solution to all problems and
I definitely made some mistakes because I didn't know that much of the
cocoon internals at the time of writing, but I think it's time to take a
second look at it.

So here's the link:

Again, please don't be so harsh concerning mistakes, but I think there are
many ideas included, which give some food for thought.

        Andreas Hochsteger

Sylvain Wallez wrote:
> Bertrand Delacretaz wrote:
>> Le Jeudi, 14 aoû 2003, à 15:53 Europe/Zurich, Sylvain Wallez a écrit :
>>> ...But shouldn't we keep labels that are already used into pipelines
>>> ? E.g :
>>> <map:read src="docs/{1}.doc" label="raw, xdoc"/>
>>> <map:generate src="docs/{1}.doc" type="word2xml" label="raw"/>
>>> <map:transform src="xword2xdoc.xsl" label="xdoc"/>
>> If it's this way I'd prefer "unless-label" in map:read to make it clear.
>> Or maybe
>>   <map:read src="docs/{1}.doc" unless-label="*"/>
>> would do, meaning "use this unless any views are requested"
>> (and * would be the only allowed value).
>>> Ah, and this is very easily implementable ;-)
>> Quickquick, do it before the FS police hears us ;-)
>> Seriously, I find this useful for indexing and other purposes
>> (gettting meta-information about binary files, images, etc for example).
> Me too. But since is a change in the sitemap syntax, we should have a
> vote on this.
> Any other proposal or opinion on this subject before we start a vote ?
> Sylvain

View raw message