cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From "Andreas Hochsteger" <e9625...@student.tuwien.ac.at>
Subject Questions/Suggestions for Woody
Date Fri, 01 Aug 2003 17:15:22 GMT
Hi!

Most form examples in the current woody discussions assume, that the forms are
presented in HTML.
Is it (or will it be) possible to support different output formats while
reusing most of the form definition?

I'm interested in the following output formats:
* HTML with JavaScript (for Client-Side validation)
* Pure HTML
* XHTML + XForms
* WML
* PDF Forms (not that important)
* Word Forms (not that important either)
* Web Services (isn't that something XMLForm supported?)
* anything else?

Can someone explain to me how such a scenario would look like (in terms
of woody config files)?

Additionally I've got a suggestion for the many woody config files which
my satisfy both simple and advanced forms:
For really simple forms it is better to have everything in one file.
For advanced forms this becomes easily unmaintainable and doesn't
support SoC.
In this case it might be possible to swap certain parts out to other
files and include these.

The only problem which might be with this solution is that this way all
parts of the config have to be parsed during each request, even if they
wouldn't have to.
But I don't know much of the woody internals to answer this question myself.

Thanks,

        Andreas Hochsteger
        http://highstick.blogspot.com/