cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From "Robert Simmons" <>
Subject Re: Blocks Manual
Date Thu, 28 Aug 2003 11:45:36 GMT
And am willing to contribute if I can do so in a manner that doesnt require
months of learning before I can accomplish anything. I wonder if that means
cocoon is too big that it scares off newbies. =) Happens to the best of
them, JBoss, Apache Web Server, etc.

Like I said before, I tend to be direct in my language and if I offend, I
certainly dont mean to and I appologize.

On-topic: that blocks manual would be cool. Im having a hard time figuring
out what blocks I will need for my production build.

-- Robert

"Steven Noels" <> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
> On Wed, 27 Aug 2003, Robert Simmons wrote:
> > Greetings,
> >
> > Is there a manual that describes all of what each block in cocoon 2.1
> > does ? Perhaps I missed it.
> Nope, it isn't there. Don't forget to have a look at
> as well, and
> as a way to solve all
> this.
> It's good to have you back, Robert. While we ain't a bunch of academics,
> we still primarily scratch our own itches. We hope our users do as well,
> and this, together with some respect for the time all of us voluntarily
> contribute to the Cocoon project, is essentially what community-based open
> source development is all about. The 'strategy' behind shipping software
> with rough edges is two-fold: (1) Cocoon won't be finished until its
> community declares so, by no longer contributing to it, and (2) we like to
> see every user as a possible future contributor. We don't employ a
> professional helpdesk, since our users happen to help each other, and
> several devs are keen to help with major issues. All this is done in the
> best possible spirit, and I hope you can respect that. Your enquiries are
> meaningful, and many of them would merit being implemented, but it's not
> by simply stating them that they effectively will be resolved. The leaky
> abstraction in software communities is human beings doing the actual work.
> Cheers,
> </Steven>

View raw message