cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Nicola Ken Barozzi <nicola...@apache.org>
Subject Re: cvs commit: cocoon-2.1/src/blocks/html/lib .cvsignore jtidy-04aug2000r7-dev.jar
Date Tue, 26 Aug 2003 12:43:36 GMT

Vadim Gritsenko wrote, On 26/08/2003 14.01:

> Carsten Ziegeler wrote:
>
>> Vadim Gritsenko wrote:
>>> I also would like to see a bit more descriptive commit message. And
>>> may be entry in status.xml too.
>>
>> As long as the portal is alpha this would imho only mess up the
>> status.xml.
>> As soon as it's not alpha anymore, yes, it makes sense to add everything
>> to status.xml.
>
> Then you will have to provide a blurb about portal in status.xml
> *before* next milestone/beta/rc/release, because portal was released
> once as part of 2.1 and users deserve to know what has been changed from
> 2.1 to <insert version number here - most probably 2.1.1>.

As I had outlined before, making blocks live in the same space makes it
impossible to really see the difference from scratchpad ones and real
ones, generating these issues.

Since blocks are not "scratchpad" anymore, and there is no hard
distinction, I want to see the entry in status.xml now too.

>>> I noticed that jtidy has been moved out of html block and into
>>> lib/optional. What will happen if I to remove jtidy from the
>>> lib/optional? Will this break the build?
>>
>> Yepp, you can see it in the gump.xml dependency description.
>
> But that means that we are busting build even more instead of fixing it?

The only real way in which it can be fixed is to do away with including
libs in CVS, and instead getting them from the web and in a local
repository.

I can set up such a system quite quickly if we decide to use it, using
Krysalis Ruper (that does exactly this).

             - verba volant, scripta manent -