cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Nicola Ken Barozzi <nicola...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [RT] Improving Sitemap and Flowscript
Date Sun, 24 Aug 2003 22:04:58 GMT

Finally :-)

Stefano Mazzocchi wrote, On 16/08/2003 0.11:

>  Virtual Pipeline Components
>  ---------------------------
> It has been identified in several circumstances (but mostly dealing with
> blocks) that the need to use pipeline fragments is required.

+1

Had been thinking the same thing for some weeks now for Forrest usage
especially after the realization of the "bug" that makes resources
misbehave (I'm so used to writing them the "right" way that I never
found it).

>                                        - o -
>
>  Moving Sitemap components into cocoon.xconf
>  -------------------------------------------

-0

Don't have the need. Would like it more if each sitemap can have it's
own cocoon.xconf besides it.

>  Pluggable Request Factories
>  ---------------------------
>
> Cocoon needs a simple way to deal with complex HTTP usages, such as
> binary uploading, XML-RPC, WebDAV or SOAP.

+1

> After a lot of discussion with Sylvain and input from many other people,
> I propose the introduction of a new sitemap element named
> "map:adaptRequest" that works by adapting the Request object into a more
> specific object that will parse the request and provide API-level access
> to the request.

Stupid suggestion here, but what about map:adapt-request that is more
xml-ish?

>  1) uploading granularity
>  2) mailet request handling (that can be made a special request factory
> and evolve independently from our environment)

Finally ;-)
                                    - o -

>   Interception in Flowscript

I like the concept, and as I see you touting it here, I humbly ask you
to take a look and give a brief comment about pipeline-level AOP I had
suggested in my RT:

[Aspect-based pipelines and link view]
http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=xml-cocoon-dev&m=105689706128203&w=2

As for javascript AOP, read this: