cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Nicola Ken Barozzi <nicola...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Garbage or The Quest for the Perfect Template Language
Date Thu, 07 Aug 2003 08:12:59 GMT

Ugo Cei wrote, On 07/08/2003 9.28:

> Christopher Oliver wrote:
>
>> In general, I think you're right, though, JXTemplate generator
>> requires additional tags to support Number, Date, and Message
>> formatting. JSTL has such tags. If I have time I'll try to add them.
>
> Nice. After having tried Velocity, MHO is that it sucks,

It all depends on what you have to do with it. I'm using it in another
project and it rocks. Let's not overgeneralize, please, as each tool has
its place.

> so let's
> enhance JXTemplate until it's the perfect template language for Cocoon.
> I'll be glad to help you in this effort as soon as I come back from my
> vacations (that is, from tomorrow until Sep. 1st).

Why not Jelly?

I mean, it can reuse most taglibs, from Ant and JSTL, it's easy to add
tasks, is XML-based (hence validates)... really, why not?

             - verba volant, scripta manent -