cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Giacomo Pati <giac...@apache.org>
Subject Re: can you reach sitemap params from JXTemplate?
Date Thu, 21 Aug 2003 06:46:31 GMT
On Wed, 20 Aug 2003, Jeremy Quinn wrote:

> On Wednesday, August 20, 2003, at 05:42 PM, Reinhard Pötz wrote:
>
> > Without trying it ...
> > #{parameters.myParameter} should do it ...
>
> no go
>
> tried both:
>
> #{parameters.publishedJobServer}
> ${parameters.publishedJobServer}

I don't think there is any other possibility as
'${request.getParameter("foo")}' or '${parameters.getParameter("foo")}'
because the '#' prefix needs to operate on java beans which isn't the
case neither for the request's getParameter method nor for the
parameters' getParameter method.

BTW: if you use the '#' prefix the expression is evaluated using the
commons-jxpath tool which expects a xpath syntax, the '$' prefix uses
the commons-jexl project for expression evaluation which is more like
JSTL expressions.

--
Giacomo Pati