cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From "Carsten Ziegeler" <cziege...@s-und-n.de>
Subject RE: FOP block depedends on Batik blocks
Date Thu, 21 Aug 2003 13:31:37 GMT
Antonio Gallardo wrote:

> I found that FOP block depends on batik-block. FOP will not render nothig
> if yu does not include the Batik block. Even if you does not have any SVG
> graphics in your generated PDF.
>
> I thinking about that and maybe we can improve the current block building
> by creating a common repository for the jars used in blocks and then let
> blocks define what jars will use. I am not sure but currently I saw that
> there are some jars repeated into the CVS and some times the jars have
> diferents versions.
>
> I know currently there a work in progress that target a better block
> definition. I posted this mail because I think this is also a problem that
> must be addressed.

Yes, thanks. This is a known problem.

I proposed a long time ago as a simple solution to have all jars
(that don't belong to the core) in lib/optional. The build process will not
automatically copy all jars from there to WEB-INF/lib but only those
required for the included blocks.
This should be a simple fix to the current build system, but due to lack
of time I never did it.

Carsten