cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From "Carsten Ziegeler" <cziege...@s-und-n.de>
Subject RE: Blocks Manual
Date Thu, 28 Aug 2003 14:22:55 GMT
Robert Simmons wrote:

> If I had the qualifications to, yes. However it would be terribly
> inefficient for me to spend months studying the source code to
> the blocks in
> order to make complete documentation when there are people that
> already know
> these blocks and could make the documentation a lot quicker.
>
> Cocoon has a number of huge documentation holes. Do you bring in a source
> newbie to plug them or do you get on the developers that actually
> know what
> is going on to plug them? Option B is much more reasonable.

I think everyone ranging from a user to the expert can help here. Starting
a documentation doesn't mean that you know everything. You can provide
a frame with the things you know (or you think you know) and others
can step in and fill the holes. This is a community work then.
You will see this happen as soon as you do the starting work.

Carsten