cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From "Carsten Ziegeler" <cziege...@s-und-n.de>
Subject [BUG] StoreJanitor
Date Fri, 15 Aug 2003 12:22:31 GMT
The docs for the store janitor recommend to set the max heap size
to -Xmx. With JDK 1.4.1 and -Xmx set to 192mb, this is 201326592.
However, the total memory of the jvm as reported by the store janitor
is 199819264 which is less than the value above.
Now, the store janitor checks during the memory test, if the
total memory is greater (or equal) to the configured heap size.
And this is never true, so the low memory check is useless!

I saw this behaviour with different jdks (all on windows right now).

So we should either make the check more tolerant or change the docs.
Or did I oversee something?

Carsten