cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From "Carsten Ziegeler" <>
Subject [RT] Starting 2.2
Date Wed, 13 Aug 2003 09:38:45 GMT
Hi, as 2.1 is now out, we should think about starting 2.2.

Here is my idea about how to start 2.2 (I wrote this already some
days ago):

We create a new repository cocoon-2.2 and copy (while preserving
history) only the real required parts from the 2.1 repo:
this should be the core src and the build system. Everything else
can be fetched from the 2.1 repo during the build.

In addition I think we should make a "components block" in the 2.1 repo
where we move all components of the core, like all actions, generators etc.
If we do this we really separate the core from everything else and
we don't need to copy the components into 2.2 as well.
This reduces duplicate code to the minimum which should imho make
2.2 much easier.

What do you think?

View raw message