cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From "Carsten Ziegeler" <cziege...@s-und-n.de>
Subject RE: Paginator and ImageReader --> core components?
Date Fri, 01 Aug 2003 11:02:43 GMT
Reinhard Pötz wrote:

> Quick question:
> Is there a reason why the paginator and the image reader are part of
> Cocoon core and not put into blocks?
>
> I'm asking because if you call http://localhost:8888/samples/ you get
> the impression that they are major parts of Cocoon ...

I think these are two different issues:
a) why the things are in the core and not a block?
Simply (I guess) because they were moved from the scratchpad into the core.
I think this is not that bad, because having a block for one single
class can't be the way. I still think that we need an "optional" block
for those, but I don't like changing these things before the 2.1 release.

b) why are the samples put very prominently on the main samples page?
I don't know, this is something we could change. And move them into a
different
location. But I think, it's not a big problem.

Carsten