cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From "Carsten Ziegeler" <cziege...@s-und-n.de>
Subject RE: [RT] Starting 2.2
Date Wed, 13 Aug 2003 14:28:11 GMT
Sylvain Wallez wrote:
> I don't clearly understand what you want to achieve...

It's plain simple :) Now, the usual way would be to create
a new repository (cocoon-2.2) and copy everything from 2.1
in there.
Then we have two "branches" which require syncing which can
be a real pita. My approach is to sync as less as possible
by only copying those parts that we will change in the
near future. And this should be the core sources, but not
the documentation or any block.

As I expect that we will end in a different structure when we
have real blocks (e.g. perhaps a blocks repository etc.) this
would be imho an easier migration strategy.

Does this make sense?

Carsten