cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Jeremy Quinn <jer...@media.demon.co.uk>
Subject Re: [ANN] Apache Cocoon 2.1 Release Candidate
Date Sun, 10 Aug 2003 13:16:55 GMT

On Thursday, July 31, 2003, at 01:27 PM, Stefano Mazzocchi wrote:

> On Thursday, Jul 31, 2003, at 14:05 Europe/Rome, Nicola Ken Barozzi
> wrote:
>

>> Steven Noels wrote, On 31/07/2003 13.32:

>>> looking very nice, thanks!
>>
>> On Firebird 0.6 the links are so smaaaal...
>
> yeah, you're right. I've updated it now using px instead of em, (the
> only way to route around the DPI screen incompatibilities between win
> and mac)

Sorry ... I have not actually looked, but you made me think of this

I find if you set a {font-size: 10px} "before" using {width: 1em}
(etc.) em works as it should
ie. 'em' scales from the base font-size

I use this a lot on http://www.iniva.org and find most browsers (PC
MSIE has no scale facility) can scale the site up and down cleanly. ie.
we want both the font size and layout to scale by the same proportions.

hope this helps

regards Jeremy