cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Bertrand Delacretaz <bdelacre...@codeconsult.ch>
Subject Re: FYI: SlopGenerator added (as the unstable "slop" block)
Date Wed, 06 Aug 2003 14:11:20 GMT
Le Mercredi, 6 aoû 2003, à 15:31 Europe/Zurich, Bruno Dumon a écrit :

> I see a class named "SimpleSlopParser", which after expansion becomes
> "SimpleSimpleLineOperatorParserParser" :-)

But SimpleSimple is BeautifulBeautiful, isn't it ;-)
I get your point though: this thing doesn't do much, but I think it
would be easy to have it handle RFC822 properly and efficiently.

> ...I think the logical (and annoying) question now is: couldn't
> chaperon be
> used?

Most probably, but after looking at (and doing some work on) the wiki
grammar of Chaperon I have a feeling that Chaperon isn't ideal for
semi-structured line-oriented stuff.

Stephan did a great job with the Chaperon wiki grammar, but if you look
at it closely there seems to be a fight between the structure that
Chaperon expects from its input and the more free-form wiki input. The
fact that fairly extensive XSLT postprocessing of Chaperon's output for
wiki text is required also shows this "impedance mismatch" IMHO.

I wasn't sure whether to add SlopGenerator in the scratchpad or as an
unstable block, but as several blocks are clearly experimental I think
it can't hurt, and our virtual Darwin should take care of if eventually.

-Bertrand